PDA

View Full Version : After enough outcry, YouTube restored my friend Pamela Geller's account

Sandy
09-26-2017, 01:48 PM
My account was terminated because of a 2014 video entitled, “Al Qaeda and Islamic State flags in London’s tunnels.” The video shows jihadis displaying al Qaeda and Islamic state flags on one of London’s tunnels (see this). So telling the truth gets your account terminated at YouTube.

But you fought back. We fought back. We won. I am humbled by your unwavering support. We will prevail because of the good and the righteous — YOU.

I am thrilled to be reinstated, but just as concerned about others who are suspended and don’t have a large social media presence to deploy. We must consider anti-trust laws or legislation to penalize social media giants who suppress our unalienable rights.

https://pamelageller.com/2017/09/youtube-reinstates.html/

Google, YouTube and Facebook have become so big and dominant, and I have to lean toward regulating them like public utilities. Liberals demand regulation of corporations so they don't supposedly walk all over people, but then liberals claim free association and private property when it comes to liberal companies.

justin igger
09-26-2017, 05:44 PM
When so few hold the reigns to free speech they need to be held to a higher standard.

This site is living proof that there is no free speech in America. It would be like Verizon not letting you have a cell phone if you are going to use it to complain to your brother in law about the nigger at work.

Internet hosting, domain hosting and social media have become as ingrained into the fabric of our society and the way we communicate as ma bell was in the 70's.

I don't normally like to see private companies fall under anti trust laws but they have abused their power and used it to manipulate free thought, delivery of factual information (or lack thereof) and influence elections. It is time to support free speech, dissemination of ideas and remove the social engineering aspect of these internet related companies.