PDA

View Full Version : New Zimbabwe Currency: Cattle

Buckshank
04-11-2017, 03:05 PM
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-11/new-law-to-compel-zimbabwe-banks-to-accept-cattle-as-collateral

Commercial banks in Zimbabwe will soon be compelled to accept livestock such as cattle, goats and sheep as collateral for cash loans to informal businesses under a new law presented to Parliament Tuesday.

Under the Movable Property Security Interests Bill tabled for debate by Finance and Economic Development Minister Patrick Chinamasa in the House of Assembly, the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe will compile and administer a collateral-security register in which small-business operators and individuals can register their movable assets as security for credit.

Mugabe bankrupted the country once YT got out. And no, no more money. No more gibs.

MineEvolved
04-11-2017, 04:44 PM
I'm sure all the collateral will have a certain amount of 'break-in' that comes with it...'I wants top dollah for dis goat, dis bitch be trained and knows how to stay put, feel me?'

Thin White Duke
04-13-2017, 12:01 AM
Cattle were a form of wealth and currency in Ireland for centuries, and I'd sure as hell rather have some decent cows rather than any amount of Zimbabwe currency. Glad to see these nogs are finally using common sense and going back to the basics after the "free gibs for everyone and everything" stratagem failed.