PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable: CA Courts Resume Death Penalty

SC Anemia
08-24-2017, 09:38 PM
The state Supreme Court appears to have moved up the calendar for resuming executions in California, even as it struck down a voter-approved mandate to decide all capital cases within five years.

The justices ruled Thursday that the timetable set out in the November initiative, Proposition 66, would be unconstitutional interference with judicial authority if taken literally — the ballot language said the court “shall” resolve death penalty appeals within five years of sentencing, more than twice as fast as its current pace — so it should be reinterpreted as merely a recommendation to work faster.

I'll believe it when I see it but I guess that's progress nonetheless. Currently, there are 748 on Death Row with only 13 executed since 1978.

Buh-Bye Mofo's.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sfgate.com/news/amp/Ca-Supreme-Court-strikes-down-key-provision-of-11955785.php

IseDaDiva
08-24-2017, 09:42 PM
Can they make it retroactive?

Maybe some more has-been and never-were "celebs" will threaten to leave although I notice all the ones who did when Trump was elected still have their butts firmly planted at home.

Rape Ape
08-24-2017, 11:38 PM
California should bring back the gas chamber. Or better yet, the electric chair. The jenkem injection is too damn easy.