PDA

View Full Version : Who stole the book?

Mushmouth
04-09-2017, 07:56 AM
One day I returned from lunch to find four or five police detectives in the office I share with others at a college library. It turned out that a valuable book was missing, and the police had received my name as someone who might have come in contact with it. In fact, I had never touched the book.

African-Americans in other departments immediately suspected racism. “Look at the people in your department — who do you think they suspect took that book?”

Like millions of other immigrants, I had been lured to America by the promise of the American dream. I arrived here from Zimbabwe more than a decade ago on an F1 student visa

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/opinion/the-history-of-racism-i-didnt-want-to-share.html?_r=0

GoodyearNecklace
04-09-2017, 10:16 AM
White Americans were friendly but spoke to me about African-Americans as if they were of a different species.
So, did you ever give the book back?

MineEvolved
04-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Yanno...I could totally buy this. If there's ONE thing a nigger would never steal, it'd be a book. That said, it's simply good policy and practice to place niggers at the top of ANY suspect list. That's not racism, that's standard procedure.