PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans council says mayor has to give up its muh poosie nest luxury apartment

Sandy
08-10-2023, 11:55 PM
New Orleans city leaders in Louisiana voted Thursday to transfer the use of a city-owned luxury apartment in the famed French Quarter being used by Mayor LaToya Cantrell be put back on the market for rent to the public.

"Pursuant to Article III, Section 3-113[2] of the New Orleans Home Rule Charter, Mayor LaToya Cantrell does hereby disapprove of and will use her executive power to veto Ordinance Cal. No. 34,309 as passed by the City Council," her administration said in a statement.

She recently came under fire for using it during the Essence Festival of Culture, which may have violated a ban on overnight stays. She was also caught on surveillance video staying at the unit with New Orleans Police Department Jeffrey Vappie, who serves on her security detail.

She previously criticized the scrutiny, saying it was an invasion of privacy, NOLA.com reported.

"I think it is overstepping. I've indicated the impact that this has had on me," she said last month. "The fact that you just continue, I have a problem with that. I think it's not only disrespectful, I think it crosses the line."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-orleans-city-council-votes-revoke-mayor-latoya-cantrells-access-luxury-apartment-she-promises-veto