PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe my lying eyes!

Unregistered
01-01-2022, 08:26 AM
MSNBC calls out Pelosi and other democrats in regards to insider trading (https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/trump-s-financial-conflict-interest-strategies-are-alive-well-congress-n1286759)

I guess even they had trouble putting a positive spin on the blatant corruption.

It seems like the simple solution would be to prohibit congressional members from trading individual stocks to avoid potential foul play. Yet House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., recently announced that she would oppose efforts to prohibit members of Congress and their spouses (her own husband being one of them) from trading individual stocks.

The hypocrisy of Congress is astonishing when you look at the fact that every other federal employee is subject to a criminal statute that prohibits financial conflicts of interest with official duties. It is a crime for a federal officer to participate in a particular government matter, including supporting or opposing a bill in Congress, that has a direct and predictable effect on the federal officer’s financial interest.

Of course, the very people who make the laws — members of Congress, as well as the president and the vice president — are exempt from this law. They are allowed to have financial conflicts of interest with their official duties that for other federal employees are a crime.

It’s time for new leadership in Congress.

Congressional stock trading must come to an end; members should be required to place their assets in blind trusts or diversified mutual funds and focus their attention on the nation’s business, not their own. Anyone in Congress unwilling to make this commitment should find another job.

Oh snap! It sounds like MSNBC wants to Drain The Swamp. :lol

Unregistered
01-02-2022, 07:55 PM
MSNBC complaining about courts being above the law… hah. Too bad liberals have such sucky logic with this kind of stuff.
I’d like to see an open discussion about repeat offenders of violent crimes being back on the streets the same year. Nobody is allowed to portray niggers in a negative light.
Why aren’t DAs, Parole officers, lawyers, and the people in the justice system held accountable for the people they release? I don’t like seeing politicians get rich off of scandals when actual builders get taxed up the wazoo but the nigger problem still needs to be addressed.