PDA

View Full Version : Co-worker Made a Funny

Chimpwhipper
08-24-2021, 10:28 AM
My coworker is trying to rebuild his dad's old circular sawmill. The log carriage is pulled forwards and backwards by a cable wrapped around a drum powered by a stationary engine. We have an 80 year old mutual acquaintance that is constantly using ,"Grandpa didn't do it like that." whenever anyone talks about the Good Old Days.
I said,"Grandpa's sawmill probably used horses at each end of the log carriage to pull it back and forth."
My coworker said, "Or niggers."
:D

Ignatow
08-24-2021, 01:23 PM
My coworker is trying to rebuild his dad's old circular sawmill. The log carriage is pulled forwards and backwards by a cable wrapped around a drum powered by a stationary engine. We have an 80 year old mutual acquaintance that is constantly using ,"Grandpa didn't do it like that." whenever anyone talks about the Good Old Days.
I said,"Grandpa's sawmill probably used horses at each end of the log carriage to pull it back and forth."
My coworker said, "Or niggers."
:D

Niggers didn't work then, they don't work these days. I won't whip a horse. But I'll give a spook the "What's yer name?" special.

IseDaDiva
08-24-2021, 05:22 PM
Niggers didn't work then, they don't work these days. I won't whip a horse. But I'll give a spook the "What's yer name?" special.

They had effective methods back then to make those lazy blackaroons stir their stumps and do some work.

"Blast your black eyes! What, you can't work because you're "not well"? But I'll give you a warm bath to cure your ague and a curry-combing afterwards to put spunk into you."

Jim Crow
08-24-2021, 05:36 PM
I believe the masters had their way of making their niggers work.

Coon Club Road
08-24-2021, 06:43 PM
I think at one point in time they did get some horsepower out of niggers... probably only by cracking a whip, nevertheless, the phrase "working like a nigger" must have come from someone witnessing whip fueled jigs.

IseDaDiva
08-30-2021, 11:53 AM
I think at one point in time they did get some horsepower out of niggers... probably only by cracking a whip, nevertheless, the phrase "working like a nigger" must have come from someone witnessing whip fueled jigs.

I always heard that expression as "working like a Trojan".

"' the Trojans were a hard-working, determined, industrious people."

At least we know for sure THEY weren't niggers. :lol

Tar Remover
10-27-2021, 11:55 PM
:lol