PDA

View Full Version : LAPD open fire on disobedient armed suspook at point blank range- and somehow miss

Whitey Ford
08-10-2021, 03:45 AM
Scroll to the 4:35 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O4z0ZEARxg

On June 24th, 2021 around 10:40 p.m., LAPD 77th Street Gang Enforcement Detail (GED) officers were in the area of 88th Street and Normandie Avenue. They saw a man, later identified as 38-year-old Darryl Grant, standing next to a vehicle parked in the alley south of 88th Street and east of Normandie Avenue. The officers saw what they believed was a handgun in Grant's sweatshirt pocket. The officers attempted to detain Grant, who removed the handgun from the pocket; at which time there was an officer-involved shooting. Grant was not struck by gunfire and was taken into custody. Grant was booked for 29800(A)(1) P.C., Possession of a Firearm by a Prohibited Person.

The handgun Grant had removed from his pocket was recovered and booked as evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O4z0ZEARxg

Tar Remover
08-10-2021, 04:03 AM
Damn.... Better luck next time. Back to the range, officers!

Jim Crow
08-10-2021, 06:42 AM
That’s ridiculous! Officers have all the resources, free gun range usage and all the ammo they desire. No excuse in the world! I shoot two to three times a week and I guarantee you that if a nigger broke in my house,there would only be one story when police arrived.Mine!

animal mother
08-10-2021, 11:06 AM
That’s ridiculous! Officers have all the resources, free gun range usage and all the ammo they desire. No excuse in the world! I shoot two to three times a week and I guarantee you that if a nigger broke in my house,there would only be one story when police arrived.Mine!

JC, I know you reload your ammo. Approximately how much per round can you reload for. I used to try to fire at least once a week but the costs per round (9mm and 45acp) were getting crazy. I know even reloading costs for brass, bullets, primers and powder were going though the roof too. I may just stick to using my Ruger MK .22 for fun.

Jim Crow
08-10-2021, 05:26 PM
JC, I know you reload your ammo. Approximately how much per round can you reload for. I used to try to fire at least once a week but the costs per round (9mm and 45acp) were getting crazy. I know even reloading costs for brass, bullets, primers and powder were going though the roof too. I may just stick to using my Ruger MK .22 for fun.

With the cost of primers right now, you’re better off buying ammo when it’s available. But I stockpiled more than enough when the gettin was good. Target ammo for me is $.20 for 9 mm and $.25 for 45acp per round.And Hornady XTPHP defense rounds are about $.10-$.15 more each.
If you don’t have primers and powder right now, I wouldn’t even bother attempting to reload. The prices are crazy. I’ve noticed that bullets and brass have come down and are starting to show up more.. I really think we’re getting close to where will be able to buy reloading supplies at will. I’m thinking at the beginning of 2022.
Nothing wrong with buying factory ammo. I noticed that it’s coming back slowly. I saw 200 rd boxes of brass cased 45 ACP for $109 in Academy. As far as defense rounds, I always like to have factory ammo. Because even though I’ve been reloading for a long time, reloads can have problems. And you’ll only need a box of 20 of self-defense. It’s just insurance that you hope you’ll never need.