PDA

View Full Version : Where were you, how did you react, on 09-11-01?

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-11-2019, 04:35 PM
My wife and I returned from our honeymoon on Sunday night, 09-09-01. I had never been happier in my 27 years. I got up the next morning excited to return to a job I loved (finance manager at a Honda dealership). The wife was beginning 3 days of testing to get her state teaching certificate. Life seemed to be so full of possibility, purpose, and optimism. I honestly felt (and still do in many ways) that there was no limit to what we could do.

That night, we splurged on a “fancy” dinner using the remainder of the cash we were given for our honeymoon. Again, it was almost like being in an alternate reality where nothing bad ever happens.

The next morning, the wife had to get up early again for her testing. It was September 11, Los Angeles, CA.

I was still asleep when I heard her shout my name, “Tommy!”. I awoke a bit startled – what was it, another microscopic spider on the wall…? I walked into our living room in my birthday suit, she was pointing at the TV and trembling.

This was probably just after 06:00 DST. I missed seeing the UA 175 crash live, but she had seen it. It took a couple minutes for the morning show to re-run it, but when I saw it, I turned to her and told her it was Moslems and we were at war. I had no doubt!

I immediately thought of Dad. He was near the Pentagon and he would know what was going on, but his phone went right to his voicemail. Meanwhile, the news played the crash over and over again. I felt sick. I knew the loss of life would be horrendous. My wife was crying at this point.

A few minutes later, we got a call from my father-in-law, Jacques. He was concerned for our safety and offered to do whatever needed to be done to bring us to Montreal if we needed to get out. I remember telling him that they would probably ground air traffic and we were safe in our little condo in the Valley. I was also armed and well-trained. His daughter was safe.

I tried Dad again. No joy. Weeks later, I learned that he was in the parking lot of an adjacent building in the greater Pentagon complex with his aide in a USN Suburban. He was talking to one of his sons (we’ve never figured out which one – I know it wasn’t me) when he heard AA 77 fly over at full throttle and then felt the ground shake.

He’s a sphinx. He never says anything about anything, but he has told me a few things about what he saw that day. It’s life-altering and extraordinarily sad.

Those days, I was riding to work with a friend. My little Ford Ranger had finally shit the bed and I didn’t have a car. He was waiting for me outside, so I took a 90 second shower, threw on a shirt and tie, and ran down the stairs.

On my way out the door, I told my wife not to worry. She was still visibly upset.

During my commute, 77 hit the Pentagon, but my friend and I were in such a deep discussion, we didn’t hear the report on the radio.

When we got to the dealership, all the TV’s were tuned to the news and everyone just stood in stunned silence. There were gasps, even tears at times. I went right to my desk and was checking my emails when my boss walked in.

“Your Dad is Navy?”, he asked.

Yep.

He tossed the keys to one of our Accord loaner-cars on my desk and said, “Go home.”

I asked him why?

He said, “You don’t know?”

“Know what?”

He told me about the Pentagon.

I’m a pretty cool cucumber, and not prone to letting my emotions get the better of me, but I have to admit, I feared the worst at that moment and was in tears as I drove home.

When I pulled into our parking space I saw my wife’s car was still there. They had canceled testing for the day. I got it together and walked through the door.

By that time, there was video of the aftermath of the strike on the west side of the Pentagon. I know this is a shitty thing to say, but I was relieved. Dad’s administrative offices were in the Navy Annex across the street. There would have been no reason for him to be in the Pentagon building.

We spent the rest of the day watching the coverage, as I suspect most of us did. At some point, I got in touch with Mom in Virginia and she told me that dad was fine.

It seems surreal all these years later, but it also seems like yesterday. In the span of 24 hours we ran the gamut of emotions from ecstatic euphoria to horror.

May God bless America, and bless the souls of all who were lost in New York, the Pentagon, Shanksville, Afghanistan, Iraq, and everywhere the Death Cult of Islam has attacked freedom.

Cracka Jack
09-11-2019, 06:05 PM
I was 33 and was just getting into my stride working in IT after 3 years. Was working at a place that did student loans for truck driving school students. Fairly big operation, and the IT dept had an open checkbook for equipment, software, staff and such. Great manager, awesome co-workers. They had dozens of ghetto sows fresh off welfare working in the collections dept - nasty sows, perfect for the job. :lol

So I'm watching over his shoulder as one of the senior admins shows me how to partition space on a big new EMC RAID array we had just installed. There was a brilliant programmer who also happened to be an amateur pilot working a few rows of cubes away. He shouts out, "A plane just hit the World Trade Center!" My first thought was "Bid deal. Some knucklehead in a Cessna got lost. It's happened before. No major damage." We all knew better within about 5 minutes.

A bunch of IT staff gathered around the programmers desk. He had some news feeds. Can't recall that there was a TV, maybe there was in the lunch room. There was some speculation about what might have happened, most of it head scratching about why a commercial jet would be anywhere near there. Then the second plane was flown into the towers. Now there was no doubt, terrorists. Shortly afterwards they told us all to go home.

I went home and got the only defensive firearm I had at that time. A S&W K frame single action 38SPCL revolver, got back in the car and headed to my parents house. (Dad had a significantly better arsenal.).

Mid day turned to afternoon, and evening. Glued to the TV, watching the same footage over and over. Went back to my house and for the first time, kept a pistol on the bedside table.

Two days later it was learned that a kid I grew up with, Bobby, had been on the second plane into the towers. I had known Bobby since about age 5 or 6. His mother used to babysit me for a few hours in the afternoon when my mother went to the family business to do the books. When we got to be 7-8 it became clear that Bobby was "different". His older sister told me once that Bobby had a "blood problem". Actually, he was as gay as the day is long. I moved on to other friends, more interested in sports than than A&E type stuff. We went to school together pretty much through high school, but didn't associate.

There was a big memorial held for Bobby at his sisters place about a week later. I learned he had finally found his dream job. Working as a steward for United Airlines. He had been on the job for only a month or two before 9/11. I remember thinking to myself how ironic it was that Bobby was one of the first casualties of the new war.

I'm much better prepared now, and it's a 1911 that now stands at the ready on my bedside table.

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-11-2019, 07:50 PM
So many of us had the same experience you and I did that day. It was truly a national trauma.

On the West Coast, we had the disadvantage of being 3 hours behind the initial events. Later that afternoon, I went outside to get something out of my wife's car and noticed this ghostly silence -- even the always-present traffic noise was noticeably muted.

I think the entire nation spent the rest of that day on the couch watching the news...

SC Anemia
09-11-2019, 08:16 PM
I had the day off and slept in. Being 3 hours earlier on the west coast, Flt.11 had already hit the North Tower when I turned on the news to watch with my coffee.

Like most everyone else, I was mostly stunned at the magnitude of the attack. Later I was pissed, really pissed.

I was maybe 15 minutes into the news coverage with things just starting to sink-in when I first thought about my oldest son. He had just enlisted in the Marine Corps a year earlier and was at AIT at Camp Pendleton at the time. My only thought was "aw fuck, his return address is gonna change".

I dont think I was worried (O.K. maybe a little) but just fuckin pissed. As it turned out, he didnt get involved in any asslifter games until the Spring of 2003 when he went into Baghdad with the 1st. Marines.

To Hell with pisslam and every last one of those motherfuckers!

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-11-2019, 08:34 PM
...I first thought about my oldest son. He had just enlisted in the Marine Corps a year earlier and was at AIT at Camp Pendleton at the time....

As it turned out, he didnt get involved in any asslifter games until the Spring of 2003 when he went into Baghdad with the 1st. Marines.

I don't know how you were able to sleep at night.

To Hell with pisslam and every last one of those motherfuckers!

Amen!

Cracka Jack
09-11-2019, 08:54 PM
I was only 103 miles away from ground zero that day. The weather was absolutely perfect. I remember the skies were 100% blue, not a cloud anywhere. Temps in the mid 70's.

It would have been such a nice day...

SC Anemia
09-11-2019, 09:35 PM
I don't know how you were able to sleep at night.

I could say I wasn't bothered but that's a lie. Actually, in as much as I couldn't help but be worried to death there was one thing that did give me some peace.

I knew what training he had first hand having been through it myself. That may sound kind of hokey but honest to God it was at least something.

Buck Simian
09-11-2019, 10:17 PM
I was at work, i remember the exact spot i was standing at. It probably would have been around 9:15am give or take when i first heard, we had just gotten back from our morning break. I was standing in front of my supervisors office talking with a buddy of mine. We would run around together, go to concerts and that kind of thing. We were either talking about some upcoming concert or some new CD that was coming out. Another guy comes up to us and says a plane just hit the WTC in New York. Like many people i did not grasp what he meant, i jokingly said something like was the pilot blind or something? I mean how can you hit that? Then i could tell by the look in his eyes and his voice that it was more serious. He asked did i have a radio at my work station, which i did. We go over there and he turned it on and they were talking about what had happened.
This was a small/mid sized factory, we probably only had around 100 people working there. There were no TVs in the place but plenty of radios, a few computers with internet access. It was a laid back company, they let us bring in radios to listen to. Nobody worked all day, everyone just spent the day gathered around radios taking in the news. Around noon they just sent everyone home and gave us the next day off as well.
It was a strange day all day long. Many things remain in my mind from that day that normally i would have forgotten. The weather was perfect here as well. We have a section of the WTC nearby that i visit on occasion, i was just there over the weekend.

A related question for everyone, what is a good age to start telling children about 9/11? Lets face it, if we leave it up to the schools they will either turn it into some sort of accident or that it was Americas fault. If they find out about it online all they will read are the conspiracy theories. Its up to us to teach the next generation the truth.

SC Anemia
09-11-2019, 10:52 PM
A related question for everyone, what is a good age to start telling children about 9/11? Lets face it, if we leave it up to the schools they will either turn it into some sort of accident or that it was Americas fault. If they find out about it online all they will read are the conspiracy theories. Its up to us to teach the next generation the truth.

Good question. Kids are pretty resilient and I've always thought that they understand more than we give them credit for.

My "little ones" are in their mid-thirties now but I'd say 6-7. The hardest part about telling a child that some very bad men flew airplanes into some buildings is that kids are going to be kids and ask "why". You're on your own with that one.

They'll put two and two together and probably ask "doesn't that mean they died too?" That brings up suicide and another "why" question. Tough one.

SC Anemia
09-11-2019, 11:03 PM
Now I have a question. Does anyone know of any niggers looting NYC right after the attacks?

I swear niggers would have looted the commissary and base exchange at Pearl Harbor.

:bert

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-11-2019, 11:17 PM

That's a great question, and in a larger sense, there are several "conversations" parents struggle to time perfectly. It's impossible these days, IMHO. I think the best you can do is be prepared to answer the questions after they learn the reality.

Our teenagers have absorbed the basics of 09-11-01 through osmosis. They are aware of the event, but to the best of my knowledge, we've never had any conversation with them, and I can only speak for myself, but they've never asked me any questions about it. To them, I'm sure it's history that occurred before they were born, like Vietnam is to their father.

I doubt our 2nd grader (in his Mom's class this year) knows anything about it. He's never said anything to me, anyway. His little brother, yeah... He's not even 3.

If I were to get a question about 9-11, I hope that I would be able to give an age-appropriate answer. To be honest, my wife would probably be better at it. She deals with 7 and 8 y/o's five days a week. That's why she can live with me :lol

TheOrganGrinder
09-12-2019, 12:34 AM
I was taking my (then) girlfriends kids to school. I heard about it on the radio.

"A plane has struck the WTC building" Naievely, I assumed it was a small traffic plane like a Piper or Cesna, or even a police or traffic-copter. When I got home (I was off that day) I turned on the TV. They still weren't reporting it as a commercial aircraft, but seeing the amount of coal black smoke, I knew it was a large craft with lots of fuel.

They were reporting that evacuees were being told to or alowed to return to the other tower. Then, as rumors of a hijacking and more details were emerging, it happened again, live. I called my father to let him know a second pearl harbor was happening. By the time I got to his house, the pentagon was hit. We drank beer and watched it together...The towers and building 7 falling, the arial shot of Shanksville, the Pentagon, people fleeing by ferry or bridge, the dust, the panic, the smoke, the tears.

It still amazes me how quickly the media tilled it under... How one year later all anyone could talk about was Jennifer Lopez's ass. How fast sheeple forgot, how many survivors and widdowed families were cast aside. How many thousands were still dying or being diagnosed with respiratory injury and suffering. Most of all, how quickly the media washed the hands of ISLAM, clean of the innocent blood it had shed.
I never forgot and I never will, and the rage grows with every insulting year, as it is continued to be swept under the rug and more sand niggers poke the bear every chance they get. Building a fuckin mosque at ground zero, weasling their way into office, talking shit about our country, destroying our culture, all while recieving hand-outs and demanding tollerance!!!

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-12-2019, 12:44 AM
...I never forgot and I never will, and the rage grows with every insulting year, as it is continued to be swept under the rug and more sand niggers poke the bear every chance they get. Building a fuckin mosque at ground zero, weasling their way into office, talking shit about our country, destroying our culture, all while recieving hand-outs and demanding tollerance!!!

That's why I ask this same question every year on 09-11.

The Ground Zero mosque is an abomination. It should have never been allowed!

TheOrganGrinder
09-12-2019, 12:55 AM

:thumbup:conf:grib

TheOrganGrinder
09-12-2019, 12:58 AM

tweakstick
09-12-2019, 06:15 AM
Warning: This will not be over quickly so if you have a short attention span, you have been warned. Turn back now or don't bitch later.

I will preface my account with this. In the Navy, we have a saying: The difference between a fairy tale and a sea story is this - A fairy tale starts off with "Once upon a time" while a sea story starts off with "This is no shit."

With that in mind, if you know friends or family of the heroes of flight 93, just stop here.

I was stationed at NAS Fort Worth toward the end of my enlistment. I had struggled with the decision to leave the Navy after a deeply personal loss which I blamed on the medical care provided to my family through our medical insurance package. To those who don't understand, we don't get that or any other stuff for free, folks. If it were free, it would be even worse. I had made my decision just two days prior and passed up my choice of orders in doing so to pursue opportunities in the private sector. I had attended several job fairs and had good jobs offered to me with pay and benefits far outweighing my then compensation package. I could double my families comfort level easily and not face the long hours, separations and all the other family hardships that go with military life.

That morning, I was going about my daily routine of supervising the quality of work for my crew. As I was finishing up with one of my technicians, my number one guy, Dave, came running into the room saying his wife just called him and said that a plane had just crashed into one of the towers. I assumed, like many others including some here, that it was some small tourist plane or a student. I went to my locker and pulled out my 5 inch black and white TV that we would watch for inclement weather forecast which the area was notorious for. There it was on an endless loop on every channel. We all watched live as the second plane hit. Dave turned white as a ghost. He stammered something about what his son had said to his mother that morning on the way to preschool. This four year old child said "Mommy, Daddy - I want to go to New York." It was one of those things that parents ignore as background noise coming from the car seat crew in the back until they say it louder and enough times that one of them replied with "What baby, What? Why do you want to go to New York?" to which he replied "To see the planes, mommy!" This was around 0600 that morning well prior to the attacks. They both continued on with their morning routine thinking nothing more of the incident. Minutes after the news started flooding in, the daycare called them both up and told them that one of them needed to pick up the kids. They were shutting down due to the attacks. Dave's (civilian) wife did just that as we all stayed glued to the news. When his wife arrived for the children, the daycare staff assured them that the children knew nothing of the morning's events and were well shielded from the news with no TV or radio coverage available to them. She called Dave after picking them up. Recalling what the oldest had said earlier, she quizzed him once in the car as to why he made such a curious statement to them. He replied somberly "well, I wanted to see the planes fly into the buildings... But I don't want to anymore - it's too sad." We all watched as Dave got off the phone looking even whiter than before and told us all what his wife had just relayed to him. The entire shop was speechless. I felt the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. His son never explained why he came up with this stuff except to say that he "just knew it when he woke up."

Remember, I said this is no shit.

We had another Dave working there. He had just transferred in from NAF Washington, DC. a couple of weeks prior. He was on the phone with his buddies from DC trying to find out what was going on. They told him it was a madhouse there. One of them watched a couple of F16's roll out with an AIM9 Sidewinder on each rail. They noted the tail numbers of the birds and recognized them as being from the ready hangar. When these guys roll, the runway clears as does all airspace around them. They made short work of the taxi and runway at full AB the whole way immediately turning north. When they returned, one of them landed with no missiles on the rails. Any missile shoot is a huge deal. It's not like when you go to the firing range to pop off a few. These missiles are tracked from cradle to grave. When Dave's squadron buddies inquired about them, they were quickly told to zip their mouths shut and move along.

The government has gone to great lengths to obfuscate what happened with flight 93, even going so far as to hint that we did make them the sacrificial anode that day but at the hands of another unit. This is typical psyop programming - misdirection so someone will look at the right hand to prove to themselves that there is nothing there when actually the left hand has already taken your watch and wallet.

Don't misunderstand me here. I totally agree with the Bush admin's decision to "take lives in the air to save them on the ground." I also believe that the flight 93 passenger did indeed put up a heroic fight at the end - but you don't just pull a jet out of an uncontrolled dive without plenty of stick time under your belt and working engines. Those passengers had neither. The AIM9's took out those engines and likely large chunks of the wings. This does nothing to take away from what those men did that day. In my mind they will always be heroes and that is the way they should be remembered. This image was and is needed for national security reasons which I support and there is nothing I would do to change that. I am but a small frog in huge pond and couldn't change it if I wanted to - but it was what it was and is what it is.

We all spent the rest of the day glued to the news and accomplished nothing until our Maintenance Officer called quarters that afternoon. Once formed up, in between the screaming flyovers of heavily armed aircraft we were all briefed on what was to soon come down the pike then sent home and told to wait by the phone for further instructions. On the way out of the front gate, there sat several Hummers with 50 cal's on top with some of the angriest meanest looking Marines I had seen in years. They weren't letting anyone close to the gate without their name being on the RSVP list of essential personnel and every one of them damn near got a body cavity search. It was the tightest I had ever seen security on base.

I made my way home to be with family that night. My brother and I (Navy as well) both lived in the same small town outside of Fort Worth, him with his wife also. We all four spent that night walking around my neighborhood pondering the days events. I will never forget how pitch black it was out there without a single airplane in the sky all night. It was so still and clear that we could watch the intel satellites orbit overhead counting the orbit times like clockwork as we walked around angrily sipping Jack Daniel's and brooding over our collective hate of muslims.

Two days later, we were finally ordered back to the base to resume duties and I knew why I had put off giving my Division Officer a hard yes on separation - everything happens for a reason. I couldn't leave after that. I put my heart ache with the Navy aside and finished out my career, taking my oath of enlistment three days after the attacks and never looked back.

I guess the other difference between a fairy tale and a sea story is that nobody really lives happily ever after.

TheOrganGrinder
09-12-2019, 08:00 AM
They made short work of the taxi and runway at full AB the whole way immediately turning north. When they returned, one of them landed with no missiles on the rails.

Honestly, I recall a 15 second snippet on Fox 45 news where Collon Powell was in some shit after the 1 year ceremony, where he was giving a speach about 9/11 and mentioned "the planes that hit the world trade center and the Pentagon, and the brave men and women on the flight that was SHOT DOWN over Shanksville, Pa."

I heard it and watched it on the news. It was not my immagination. Now there is no record that it was ever said. You cannot find the clip ANYWHERE online.
I've looked for years, for someone to slip it on the web under the radar, but it's gone.

tweakstick
09-12-2019, 09:40 AM
Honestly, I recall a 15 second snippet on Fox 45 news where Collon Powell was in some shit after the 1 year ceremony, where he was giving a speach about 9/11 and mentioned "the planes that hit the world trade center and the Pentagon, and the brave men and women on the flight that was SHOT DOWN over Shanksville, Pa."

I heard it and watched it on the news. It was not my immagination. Now there is no record that it was ever said. You cannot find the clip ANYWHERE online.
I've looked for years, for someone to slip it on the web under the radar, but it's gone.

I've seen the same snippet myself as well as other slips made by numerous others including military officials perhaps some strategically slipped, some perhaps not. I don't know.
I'm not privy to that information. I am reasonably certain however, that Colin Powell was not supposed to say that. He has been a thorn in our country's side for far too long.

Here's the thing. I've considered the possible outcomes of different responses.

Scenario one (as it played out):

- The story is released about the futile attempt to take back flight 93 and now these men that fought back are hailed as heroes. This sent the message that even our civilians (I prefer in this case the term militia - albeit an impromptu one) are prepared to fight to the death for this country, our way of life, our families and our friends and neighbors.

- The Bush administration administration announced that we were prepared to take lives in the air to save lives on the ground. This sent the message that we are willing to sacrifice a pawn to win the game.

- The Bush admin never admitted to nor denied shooting them down. This leaves the families comfort and the rest of America with a sense of renewed mission faith. This leaves the media nothing to use against us. This also leaves our enemies wondering whether or not it would be a worthwhile path to pursue in the future.

Scenario two (as it could have played out):

- Bush admits outright that we shot the plane down. The libtard pussies in the media and the spineless democrats would have a field day with this one which would last a hundred years. I don't think I even have to explain all the harm this could have caused. The liberal's reactions would send the message that we are easily divisible which the muslim world takes as an invitation to divide and conquer. The media is our own "fifth column."

- Bush refused to act leaving the hijackers to target who knows where killing untold numbers more. Maybe they hit a school and kill a few hundred children. Maybe a nuclear plant. We thankfully will never know.

Either of these last two would embolden our enemies both at home and abroad ensuring our defeat.

TheOrganGrinder
09-12-2019, 10:02 AM
I've seen the same snippet myself as well as other slips made by numerous others including military officials perhaps some strategically slipped, some perhaps not. I don't know.

I FOUND IT!!! IT WAS RUMSFELD!
https://youtu.be/GtQfau-WeJE

Buck Simian
09-12-2019, 11:57 AM
I am not going to go too deep down the conspiracy rabbit hole. I do admit i believe it is possible that flight 93 might have been shot down, but i am going to stick with the official report that it was forced down by either passengers or hijackers. Even if it were shot down, i would accept it as being a tragic choice for the greater good-it had to be done. One thing to consider, Could have they really covered that up? Look back at how hated George Bush and and his crew were back during his presidency. People hated him with a passion. I would say almost more than they hate Trump today. If that plane were shot down and his administration covered it up the word would have gotten out to others in DC. Some high ranking Democrat senator would have found out and used it against him. And then 8 years of Obama as president? He would have let it out for certain. It would have ruined any chance of a republican winning in 2016.

Conspiracy theories are easy to start and hard to kill. There is a little known conspiracy theory that started in hometown on 9/11. Sometime in the afternoon there was a couple of loud booms, it shook everyones houses. I go running outside, everyone is looking up into the sky but nothing is there. I go back inside and the local news is reporting on the mysterious booms, unconfirmed reports of a plane down in the west side of Dayton and also on a fire at our VA center. Everyone puts two and two together, assumes that another plane crashed and it hit the VA center! I jump in my car, drive out that way. All i see is a bunch of niggers knuckle dragging around as usual. I head back home, by this time the news finally has it right. The booms were sonic booms coming from fighter jets flying over, Wright Patterson AFB is right next door so that is possible. The fire? A field and a old vacant building next to the VA center had caught fire. Still to this day you have conspiracy theorists speaking of the mystery plane which was shot down over Dayton on 9/11. Believe me, if a plane was shot down here someone would have seen it, there is no way they could have covered it up. This is how it happens, a tragic event happens then every small, strange out of the ordinary quirk that happens in that time-frame is somehow combined into it by people panicking, making things appear to be a cover-up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayton/comments/d2r12l/does_anyone_else_remember_the_515_pm_sonic_boom/

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/520674/posts

SC Anemia
09-12-2019, 12:15 PM
They made short work of the taxi and runway at full AB the whole way immediately turning north. When they returned, one of them landed with no missiles on the rails.

Before I say anything dumb, I was wondering what your MOS was.

Secondly, having had a short career in Marine Corps Aviation, specifically ordnance, I can tell you EXACTLY what the paper trail may (or may not) be in place for military hardware. Just curious.

EDIT: Though I would entertain a conspiracy theory if it had at least a bit of merit, the chain of custody that an ordnance officer follows is insanely rigid. Not a chance in hell that a sortie came back with an empty launch rail and an unaccounted for weapon. Never happened, never could happen.

Also if a shoot down order were carried out, there'd already be about a dozen or more personnel aware of it before the pilot toggled step-reset and pickle. WAY too many people to hush it up.

Sandy
09-12-2019, 03:21 PM

But, but, it's a cultural center! People can go there to learn about Islam!

Fuck that. We had all the "sharing" from asslifters that a people could ever have, the morning of 9/11/01.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1496/mosques-on-sacred-sites-of-defeated-enemies

It is written in the Koran (shit be upon its pages), "Some said, 'Let us build a building around them.' Their Lord is the best knower about them. Those who prevailed said, 'We will build a place of worship around them.'"

Rape Ape
09-12-2019, 05:00 PM
My reaction at the time and my feelings toward the perpetrators as individuals and the rest of their species would get me banned here. It hasn't changed since then.
:pissed

zagnut
09-12-2019, 06:05 PM
I can remember that morning well. I was pushing people for a living and was watching the tube when the second plane hit. I commented to those around me that the buildings were fucked and going to fall. You could see the asbestos protectant being blown out of the side of the buildings that covered the steel girders after the crash. That is the stuff during a fire that protects the structure from failing while a fire burns. Thousands of gallons of jp4 going down elevator shafts sealed the fate of so many. The most memorable moment was calling my parents and telling them we were under attack. The second was when I called a recruiting station and they told me that I was too old to enlist. That really pissed me off because I wanted to mount some sand nigger heads above my fireplace!

Sandy
09-12-2019, 06:26 PM
The second was when I called a recruiting station and they told me that I was too old to enlist. That really pissed me off because I wanted to mount some sand nigger heads above my fireplace!

I talked with men in their 60s and even 70s, who had seen real war but still wanted back in. One had been with MacArthur in the Philippines. He said he'd never see front lines again, but maybe he'd get commissioned as a colonel to advise on infantry tactics.

Bottle_of_Hate
09-12-2019, 08:30 PM
I am not big on conspiracy. All those hippies saying things like there were explosives in the building piss me off to no end. But... If that plane were shot down in the air, it would have littered debris for miles. You quite literally need to ask permission to shoot down the guy you are after unless you are taking fire first. Which does bring up an amusing story of handing some sand niggers their asses and batwings I may someday tell.

I am not saying it did not happen. But I find it all but impossible that someone in the last 18 years has not come forward if that were the case. Regardless of how it happened, those people on flight 93 are still heroes in my book. They lost their lives, willingly or not to preserve the lives of others.

As for where I was? I had the 00-08 watch the night before. On my way home I decided to stop at the gym. I hit it hard so I could sleep as soon as I got home. To which a phone call comes in as soon as I walk in the door blasting me for not answering sooner. Everyone come in to work RIGHT NOW. All shifts. GET HERE!! I remember being super pissed off as I had no idea what had happened yet. I had not listened to the radio or the TV yet. I thought it was just my work center and was thinking "great, somebody fucked some shit up and it is going to be a long fucking day". Well it was a long day... Once we had been told what was going on ( some people already knew and the rumors were spreading), it was time to put together the deployment. We already knew we were going out before any word had come down. We didn't have a tv or a radio and everyone was told to stay in their work centers. We were in the dark about what was going on as it happened. We only had what people who knew had seen already.

I worked in an intel based command. At the time I was still a little shit on his first tour sitting there waiting for the CO to address us all and tell us what was going on.

I'll never forget how this unified most of us in the country. But the next few years of "freedom fries", Alan Jackson, and the relentless bickering or liberals talking about how we invaded Iraq made me sick to my stomach.

I had just extended earlier to finish out a deployment where I was originally due to get out in August of 2001. I had a job lined up already and was set to get out Jan of 2002. About October timeframe, that job had vanished and I wanted to re-up anyway. Somewhat out of loyalty, somewhat out of not wanting to move back home. But it was the catalyst that led me down 21 years of a love/hate relationship with the military.

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-12-2019, 09:31 PM
@ tweakstick

Very thought provoking.

I have heard various versions of that account over the years. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Thanks for the post!

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-12-2019, 09:35 PM
I am not big on conspiracy. All those hippies saying things like there were explosives in the building piss me off to no end. But... If that plane were shot down in the air, it would have littered debris for miles. You quite literally need to ask permission to shoot down the guy you are after unless you are taking fire first. Which does bring up an amusing story of handing some sand niggers their asses and batwings I may someday tell.

I am not saying it did not happen. But I find it all but impossible that someone in the last 18 years has not come forward if that were the case. Regardless of how it happened, those people on flight 93 are still heroes in my book. They lost their lives, willingly or not to preserve the lives of others.

As for where I was? I had the 00-08 watch the night before. On my way home I decided to stop at the gym. I hit it hard so I could sleep as soon as I got home. To which a phone call comes in as soon as I walk in the door blasting me for not answering sooner. Everyone come in to work RIGHT NOW. All shifts. GET HERE!! I remember being super pissed off as I had no idea what had happened yet. I had not listened to the radio or the TV yet. I thought it was just my work center and was thinking "great, somebody fucked some shit up and it is going to be a long fucking day". Well it was a long day... Once we had been told what was going on ( some people already knew and the rumors were spreading), it was time to put together the deployment. We already knew we were going out before any word had come down. We didn't have a tv or a radio and everyone was told to stay in their work centers. We were in the dark about what was going on as it happened. We only had what people who knew had seen already.

I worked in an intel based command. At the time I was still a little shit on his first tour sitting there waiting for the CO to address us all and tell us what was going on.

I'll never forget how this unified most of us in the country. But the next few years of "freedom fries", Alan Jackson, and the relentless bickering or liberals talking about how we invaded Iraq made me sick to my stomach.

I had just extended earlier to finish out a deployment where I was originally due to get out in August of 2001. I had a job lined up already and was set to get out Jan of 2002. About October timeframe, that job had vanished and I wanted to re-up anyway. Somewhat out of loyalty, somewhat out of not wanting to move back home. But it was the catalyst that led me down 21 years of a love/hate relationship with the military.

Awesome post, man!

Buck Simian
09-12-2019, 11:45 PM
Here is something that is very disturbing. The chirping of firefighters alarms, devices which activate if the firefighter is injured or trapped somewhere to help others find them. Dozens going off at the same time under the rubble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4CMtsdNjY

And don't forget this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-25-2019, 08:40 PM
I can remember that morning well. I was pushing people for a living and was watching the tube when the second plane hit. ...

When you say you were "pushing people", were you an air traffic controller?

I know this thread is a couple weeks old, but if you were an ATC, I would love to hear about what you got from the FAA that day.

zagnut
09-26-2019, 12:55 PM
When you say you were "pushing people", were you an air traffic controller?

I know this thread is a couple weeks old, but if you were an ATC, I would love to hear about what you got from the FAA that day.

Negative, I was an operations manager for Lucent Technologies. I had the installation crews for 5 electronic switching systems and power installs for North Texas. We were locked out by the phone companies over security concerns and that began the demise of Lucent Technologies and the beginning of my early retirement.

Whitey Ford
09-27-2019, 07:06 PM
I gave this thread a sticky. I think that the seriousness of this question warranted it.

I never told the story of where I was when I heard the absolutely shitty news of 911. It didn't catch me in a good place. I had my my first 'real' job in this world. Essentially, I stocked shelves at night for a local grocery chain formerly ran by a local family who ran a squeaky clean, respectable and humane business. Then, they sold it. And the corporate buyers eroded the company, little by little, into a shithole. I started in a good store and then they kept transferring me into shittier and shittier locations. Finally, I found myself in the shittiest location of them all (#627).

So, about three in the morning, the mattress back chick who fucked all the guys who worked in that shithole, walked up to me after stocking the frozen department. And she told me that a plane had hit one of the twin towers. She said that they thought that it might have been a mistake until another plane hit the second one. She thought that that shit was funny (I said that I'm not proud of where I was at the time.)

At the time I thought that I hoped that maybe no-one was in the building at the time (I was on the West Coast and this was on the East Coast. My dumbass young mind didn't take into accountability time differences) and maybe that there were no, or minimal, casualties. Then I clocked out and went home. It was early morning here and I flipped on the TV. I then saw the news.

It was devastating. Over three thousand people died. And emergency crews were working around the clock to save who they could. People had literally thrown themselves out of burning sky scrapers several stories to a certain death hundreds of feet below to escape the flames. I saw this on my TV and I was horrified to say the least.

After that awful event it always seemed to me like everything was going to shit. It seemed like jobs paid less, people were less likely to trust each other, it was harder to make a living and there was less of a sense of community among people. I can't say if it was the truth or just my altered perception. But let's just say 911 changed the world forever for all of us. For the worst.

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-30-2019, 02:19 AM
@ Whitey Ford

First of all, thank you for making this thread a sticky. I agree with you 100% that this is a question we must never stop asking! And, we must never forget the innocent American citizens savagely and brutally killed that day.

WF perfectly described the crux of the matter -- something I too hit upon in my posts here. 09-11-01 was a national trauma. It altered all of our lives in one way or another, and 18 years on, continues to haunt all of us.

Of course, life does go on -- and living in the United States of America, we're in our third century of absorbing blow after blow, and have always come out the other end bigger and badder.

Still, I remember the victims. And those who sacrificed to avenge that loss. I grew up with those magnificent bastards...

Never Forget and Never Forgive. That's my ultimate takeaway from those attacks.

We all know damn well who was ultimately responsible for 09-11-2001!

Peace to all of you...

~ Tommy

Keep Britain White
07-13-2020, 05:34 AM
This was the day I turned from being a liberal who lived in that liberal dream world, imagining we could all live together, side by side in beautiful harmony - to a realist!
It was the day I started thinking, "They'll never integrate into the western way of life. They hate us, and they always will - simply because they're jealous of us. They can't compete - and they know it."
I've felt that way ever since - and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

And I totally agree - the Ground Zero mosque is an abomination. It should have never been allowed! Appeasement doesn't work - how many times have we seen that throughout history?
Personally, I always felt it would have been better to rebuild the World Trade Centre so it looked identical (from the outside at least). It's like sending a message, "OK, a short setback - but here is that very same building back in its rightful place."

Bottle_of_Hate
07-13-2020, 07:46 PM
This was the day I turned from being a liberal who lived in that liberal dream world, imagining we could all live together, side by side in beautiful harmony - to a realist!
It was the day I started thinking, "They'll never integrate into the western way of life. They hate us, and they always will - simply because they're jealous of us. They can't compete - and they know it."
I've felt that way ever since - and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

And I totally agree - the Ground Zero mosque is an abomination. It should have never been allowed! Appeasement doesn't work - how many times have we seen that throughout history?
Personally, I always felt it would have been better to rebuild the World Trade Centre so it looked identical (from the outside at least). It's like sending a message, "OK, a short setback - but here is that very same building back in its rightful place."

So long as it looked like this. Rebuild it.

Keep Britain White
07-15-2020, 01:52 PM
I have never understood why the U.S. had such a lukewarm response to this attack. Even over here this side of the pond, I felt it was an attack on the West generally. We - all of us - should the very next day have started shipping out all our enemies back to where they or their parents or grandparents originated from.
It's not too late! Multiculturalism simply does not work - and it never will.

Sandy
07-16-2020, 02:09 PM
I have never understood why the U.S. had such a lukewarm response to this attack. Even over here this side of the pond, I felt it was an attack on the West generally. We - all of us - should the very next day have started shipping out all our enemies back to where they or their parents or grandparents originated from.
It's not too late! Multiculturalism simply does not work - and it never will.

There are still many "Give peace a chance" liberal Americans who believe we "overreacted." They said we shouldn't go into Afghanistan at all, and I remember them blaming Bush, "He had a chance to unite us, and he wasted it!" (Sounds just like what's said about Trump, right?) So what were we supposed to do, let the Taliban stay in power and protect al Qaeda?

Maybe a war was fought less than perfectly, but it still had to be fought badly rather than not at all.

Keep Britain White
07-16-2020, 04:15 PM
Personally, I think we should send all the niggers - and all others who hate our way of life - back to their homelands, and use at least the threat of nuclear weapons if any of these savages ever attempt to threaten us again.
I'm not advocating the actual use of nuclear weapons, unless absolutely necessary, but surely the whole purpose of having them is to defend yourself against external attack. Our enemies have therefore taken a different path against us- that of attack from within.
Another reason why multiculturalism will NEVER work - at least it won't work in our favour. We have to wise up, before it's too late!

Midder Peenud Hayed
07-16-2020, 07:17 PM
Personally, I think we should send all the niggers - and all others who hate our way of life - back to their homelands, and use at least the threat of nuclear weapons if any of these savages ever attempt to threaten us again.
I'm not advocating the actual use of nuclear weapons, unless absolutely necessary, but surely the whole purpose of having them is to defend yourself against external attack. Our enemies have therefore taken a different path against us- that of attack from within.
Another reason why multiculturalism will NEVER work - at least it won't work in our favour. We have to wise up, before it's too late!

My Dad was near, and then at, the Pentagon on 9-11-01. In the days that followed, he was not in the strategic planning loop as far as I know. At the time, he was a newly-minted Rear Admiral (LH), and while he rarely tells me anything about his Pentagon days, a few years back, after a few bourbons with my late father-in-law Jacques, he did tell us that there was a very strong push to use tactical nukes on the Tora Bora complex a few days after the attack.

Chimpout
08-31-2020, 06:40 AM
I was in school when 9/11 happened and come home and it has just all started (being in the UK we are a few hours ahead) I felt like it was the end of the world as we know it and the Muslims wanted a fight and Bush was going to give them one.

I know slightly off topic. The UKs 7/7 I was actually in London, I just started out as an apprentice for the train company and had worked a very early morning service to Euston. I had always wanted to walk up to the Bank of England not sure why, but there was a place that sold jewellery across the way and I was young stupid. receiving good money and wanted to buy my (ex!) girlfriend something. I got to Aldgate still in my uniform with hours to kill before the return trip. is when the ass lifter Shehzad Tanweer decided to blow itself up. The next thing I knew I was running in to the station down to the circle line towards the train, I remember saying to someone badly injured they was going to be ok, albeit a bit late for work. but I'll have a word with their boss straighten it all out. He was bad, told me to go help others as it needed fire services to get him out. He lost a leg and we still keep in touch.

Another one she was dying. I tried to help me and keep her awake whilst waiting for paramedics. She told me that my ex is clearly using me (We talked why I was a long way from the station my company operates to), she told me about her dream, She was a few years older than me (5/6) she asked me to ring her mum and tell her what had happened. I did the usual you can tell her yourself and she started telling me about her horses when she went to sleep. I helped get people out with no regard for my safety. I wanted to help. When I got out I had to make that phone call. However the mobile networks were jammed due to capacity and my phone just said and its stuck with me "Vodafone - Emergency only". I have a box that I put everything in, including the phone. my diary for that day. When I finally got phone signal. I made that phone call. Her mum afterwards thanked me. I had load of text messages and over 100 missed calls from family and work. None from my "girlfriend" she wasn't arsed when I told her. It messed my head up and I couldn't hold down a relationship because I was "too broken" and no one wanted to deal with me. I got help but they can't make you unsee things. Things I've not said here. Things I've only let Mrs CO in to part of.

I got showered with awards after for bravery etc but I'd rather not have them. Mrs CO says I should have them on display as a positive reminder that during all that bad there were some good people who risked their own life to save others. I think "yeah shes right" then I think "No one need know what I did that day. It was nothing special".

Sorry for derailing.

tweakstick
08-31-2020, 09:20 PM
Sorry for derailing.

No apologies required or accepted. Thank you for sharing this powerful story and thank you for your service to your fellow man. It could have been anyone of us laying there hurt or dying. You could have done anything. Providence placed, you chose to help and may you be blessed and not haunted for it.

As we come up on another anniversary of 9/11, it is well to remember that America is not the only people affected by satan's own personaly designed religion of fear spreading, destruction, ignorance, and hate of all things virtuous.

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-03-2020, 07:51 PM
Awesome account, Chimpout! Very interesting and sadly tragic...

I think of 7/7 often when I am reminded of all the slaughter, destruction, and savagery ass-lifters have brought to the rest of us!

Chimpout
09-04-2020, 04:09 AM
Awesome account, Chimpout! Very interesting and sadly tragic...

I think of 7/7 often when I am reminded of all the slaughter, destruction, and savagery ass-lifters have brought to the rest of us!

Since that day on trains I've never sat in the middle of a carriage. Working on them, I ALWAYS sit at the carriage ends (near the vestibules) not because they are the best seats (can be quite bothersome sitting there in standard) its the safety element of the seats. Ass lifters always go to the middle of the carriage. Sitting at the end means a quick departure and a better chance if you find yourself with an dune coon.

I'll share something else and when I first started seeing Mrs CO, She was getting the train to university a lot and I taught her this and I'll share it with you guys

The 3 stage evacuation

1) It is always generally safer to stay in the carriage you in, Unless the crew advise otherwise (You always best placed to review the situation you are in). If it not safe to do so then

2) Move to the next carriage through the vestibule ends. If this is unavailable then

3) Exit on to the track. Evacuate from the train if it safe to do so on the side without adjacent tracks and move away from the train. If it only possible to evacuate on to the track. Move away quickly without touching the rails as other trains may be on the line.

I also programmed a number in to her phone for the main control room and told her if shes ever in a situation to ring that number as others will be ringing the police/fire/ambulance and the guys shes calling will send help too.

I know its not very romantic. but its practicle. She also knows to keep away from Sand niggers and niggers in general.

IseDaDiva
09-10-2020, 11:16 PM
I don't live in the US and didn't experience the horror first-hand, but am about a 1 1/2hr flight away from New York City.

I was home that day and as I went about my routine I kept hearing snatches of excited voices on the radio. Honestly, I really didn't want to know what the latest catastrophe was but finally, I thought I better find out.

With much dread, I turned on the TV just as the footage of the plane crashing into the Trade Center building was playing. I think my jaw must have dropped to the floor and a chill ran down my spine. I was shocked, reeling with horror, and scared too, since we are so close here. It was almost too much to take in.

I watched and watched this disaster - all those poor innocent people who were just at an ordinary workday and never went home again, trapped and killed (but there were amazing acts of courage and many heroes - REAL heroes and not some overpaid niggers kicking a ball around) - and then I went outside to the most beautiful September day. Clear blue skies, light breeze, silence all around. What I had just seen didn't seem possible. My head was spinning and I felt stunned as I looked all around where nothing had changed at all, thinking, "What's going to happen now"?

It's all we talked about around here and everyone was just as shocked, sorrowful, and appalled as I was. I'll never forget it.

IseDaDiva
09-10-2020, 11:19 PM
I was in school when 9/11 happened and come home and it has just all started (being in the UK we are a few hours ahead) I felt like it was the end of the world as we know it and the Muslims wanted a fight and Bush was going to give them one.

I know slightly off topic. The UKs 7/7 I was actually in London, I just started out as an apprentice for the train company and had worked a very early morning service to Euston. I had always wanted to walk up to the Bank of England not sure why, but there was a place that sold jewellery across the way and I was young stupid. receiving good money and wanted to buy my (ex!) girlfriend something. I got to Aldgate still in my uniform with hours to kill before the return trip. is when the ass lifter Shehzad Tanweer decided to blow itself up. The next thing I knew I was running in to the station down to the circle line towards the train, I remember saying to someone badly injured they was going to be ok, albeit a bit late for work. but I'll have a word with their boss straighten it all out. He was bad, told me to go help others as it needed fire services to get him out. He lost a leg and we still keep in touch.

Another one she was dying. I tried to help me and keep her awake whilst waiting for paramedics. She told me that my ex is clearly using me (We talked why I was a long way from the station my company operates to), she told me about her dream, She was a few years older than me (5/6) she asked me to ring her mum and tell her what had happened. I did the usual you can tell her yourself and she started telling me about her horses when she went to sleep. I helped get people out with no regard for my safety. I wanted to help. When I got out I had to make that phone call. However the mobile networks were jammed due to capacity and my phone just said and its stuck with me "Vodafone - Emergency only". I have a box that I put everything in, including the phone. my diary for that day. When I finally got phone signal. I made that phone call. Her mum afterwards thanked me. I had load of text messages and over 100 missed calls from family and work. None from my "girlfriend" she wasn't arsed when I told her. It messed my head up and I couldn't hold down a relationship because I was "too broken" and no one wanted to deal with me. I got help but they can't make you unsee things. Things I've not said here. Things I've only let Mrs CO in to part of.

I got showered with awards after for bravery etc but I'd rather not have them. Mrs CO says I should have them on display as a positive reminder that during all that bad there were some good people who risked their own life to save others. I think "yeah shes right" then I think "No one need know what I did that day. It was nothing special".

Sorry for derailing.

If only there was a way to let us unsee and un-remember things. Some things are so big they change you for life.

jenkemfactory
09-11-2020, 01:17 AM
I was at work. Two hours later, I was told to go home. At that time I took the train. I lived in Manhattan. So, I was stuck. I got home the next day. Later, I was told that I lost a family member. I never got over that. He was completely incinerated. They never found his body.
His mother withered and soon gave up and her health declined. She eventually died.
He leaves behind a child who has now grown up.

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-11-2020, 11:27 AM
I was at work. Two hours later, I was told to go home. At that time I took the train. I lived in Manhattan. So, I was stuck. I got home the next day. Later, I was told that I lost a family member. I never got over that. He was completely incinerated. They never found his body.
His mother withered and soon gave up and her health declined. She eventually died.
He leaves behind a child who has now grown up.

That day took more of each of us than we know, JF. Personally, it stole a good measure of my innocence, and in retrospect, hope. We had just returned from our honeymoon on the 9th. We came off this rapturous few days to wake up to the utter horror of 9-11-01.

Every year since, I take this day to remember those souls lost back then.

May they, and all the rest of us, find some measure of peace...

tweakstick
09-11-2020, 12:44 PM
May they, and all the rest of us, find some measure of peace...

My great grandfather was killed by a nigger while on duty. For the family that survived him, there was no peace. I believe it was because justice was never properly served. How could there be peace when all the family could do was dwell on it and pray everyday for justice?

Burying a body is the easy part. Burying the past is the hard part and it's damn near impossible without justice.

I fear this will be the case for all of the survivors because we have NEVER gotten them all. We're not even sure where to look or who to blame.

Niggers love to bandy about the phrase "no justice no peace." There is only one use of that phrase that is actually true and that is with victims of evil.

More accurate for them would be to say "no justice, no healing."

The fact that their own countrymen stabbed them in the backs immediately after the attacks by telling us all that we should just "have more understanding" for the attackers is what kills me to this day. The ones that did that deserve no less than to be kicked out of the country and sent to the worst mudslime shit hole on the planet. Then they could understand them loud and clear right before they got beheaded by those animals.

jenkemfactory
09-11-2020, 02:31 PM
Thank you peanut. Thank you for the kind words.

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-11-2020, 07:16 PM
@ Jenks... You are most welcome, good sir.

@ Tweak... Such a great post (as always)! And you are 100% correct -- as a nation, we will never fully heal from the trauma of 09-11-01. I thought I would, but I haven't. I let myself "go there" every year. I watch the news footage of the day, talk to family and friends about it, and generally think about all those we lost -- not just in the initial attacks, but in the wars that resulted. It's also important to remember the Jihad that followed. London, Paris, San Bernardino, the Pulse night club (Orlando), and everywhere else these ass-lifting cretins have attacked innocent Humans.

I don't have time right now, but later I'm going to add a post to this thread about the conversation I had with Mom this morning. We've never really talked about 09-11 before. I had no idea what she went through that day. Still have a lump in my throat...

Peace to all of you.

tweakstick
09-12-2020, 12:00 AM
Thank you peanut. Thank you for the kind words.

Jenks, I must humbly apologize for not offering my condolences. I tend to get easily sidetracked sometimes when I'm on an insomnia bender. That doesn't excuse me though...

P said it better than I could have anyway.

We've never really talked about 09-11 before. I had no idea what she went through that day. Still have a lump in my throat...

Looking forward to hearing her account. I remember that your father saw some serious shit go down and I'm guessing it must have been pretty heavy on your mom as well as your dad.

I'm sure he saw more than he has told or will ever tell anyone.

It's good that she shared it with you, both to unload and to keep the stories alive. I think everyone needs to do this lest we forget them. If we don't all learn from them, we're doomed to repeat them.

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-12-2020, 04:30 PM
It turns out, Mom lied to me on 09-11-01.

She did not know that Dad was OK. She told me that she had heard from him that morning so I wouldn't worry.

The truth was, she was by herself, had no idea if Dad was alive or dead, was terrified, and fully expected things to get worse. All the neighbors she knew worked for the DOD and were gone. She was literally all alone for most of the day.

When she finally heard from Dad, it was late in the day. She said she begged him to come home, but he said he couldn't leave. I didn't know this part of the story either, but he came home the next morning covered in soot, took a shower, and headed right back out.

All these years I've assumed that she was safe at home. I had no idea how terrified she was that day...

tweakstick
09-12-2020, 06:11 PM
Holy shit, P.

She didn't want you to be as scared as she was.

It must have taken a lot out of her.

To think, she sat on that for 19 years. Wow.

jenkemfactory
09-12-2020, 06:40 PM
Jenks, I must humbly apologize for not offering my condolences. I tend to get easily sidetracked sometimes when I'm on an insomnia bender. That doesn't excuse me though...

P said it better than I could have anyway.

Looking forward to hearing her account. I remember that your father saw some serious shit go down and I'm guessing it must have been pretty heavy on your mom as well as your dad.

I'm sure he saw more than he has told or will ever tell anyone.

It's good that she shared it with you, both to unload and to keep the stories alive. I think everyone needs to do this lest we forget them. If we don't all learn from them, we're doomed to repeat them.

Thanks. Thanks you for the kind words also.

jenkemfactory
09-12-2020, 06:42 PM
It turns out, Mom lied to me on 09-11-01.

She did not know that Dad was OK. She told me that she had heard from him that morning so I wouldn't worry.

The truth was, she was by herself, had no idea if Dad was alive or dead, was terrified, and fully expected things to get worse. All the neighbors she knew worked for the DOD and were gone. She was literally all alone for most of the day.

When she finally heard from Dad, it was late in the day. She said she begged him to come home, but he said he couldn't leave. I didn't know this part of the story either, but he came home the next morning covered in soot, took a shower, and headed right back out.

All these years I've assumed that she was safe at home. I had no idea how terrified she was that day...

I guess no sense in getting you all worked up, white faced and up all night. She did what she could to protect you. She's a good mother.

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-12-2020, 10:14 PM
Holy shit, P.

She didn't want you to be as scared as she was.

It must have taken a lot out of her.

To think, she sat on that for 19 years. Wow.

I think she would have told me long ago, I just didn't ask the right questions. Yesterday, the conversation just went in that direction...

Ray Cizzums
09-13-2020, 01:04 AM
I was fishing in my 36' Wayne Beal downeaster that morning, off Far Rockaway, NY, about 15 miles SE of the towers. I had my VHF turned down, as we were just fishing the wrecks, reefs and lumps marked on my chart plotter, for black sea bass, fluke and ling. Saw a big plume of smoke, which is not that uncommon in Brooklyn and Queens. A little after 9am we heard a boom, again not that unusual. As I moved to the west, I saw a major problem when my view opened up between high rise buildings. I turned up my radio and there were people yelling on every channel. A big time, major plume of black smoke rose thousands of feet high, blowing from north to south. I worked my way west, out to 80' depth, into the Ambrose ship channel. Shit was getting crazier on the radio with each passing minute, with every federal, state and local police, fire and marine unit trying to coordinate with each other, the coast guard and commercial captains in the area. I thought about trying to help evacuate citizens off Manhattan, but I've seen people get chewed out for offering to help with search and rescue efforts before. I figured I better clear out, and get close to home, near Long Beach, in case more SHTF nearby. It turned out the ferry and party boat fleet did a great job shuttling thousands of people out of there. I happened to mark a huge ball of weakfish on my fish finder, within sight of my house in Reynolds Channel. We diamond-jigged 90 of them, with a pretty direct view of the tragedy in the distance. The towers used to be visible from some parts of my home town on a clear day, and that's what we had. After we got done mohawking the fish, I tied up my vessel, scrubbed it down, cut some fish up, and went home to watch the news. That's when I found out that the Trade Center had collapsed, and there were a number of locals killed. We have several memorials around town, one at the end of my block, which is a big hunk of the wreckage. My neighbors two houses down lost their only son that day.
I was too old to go back in the service, but I was proud to see plenty of my fellow Americans step up, and give some jihadis the boot. My survivalist instincts got me back in the gym, in case there was another world war, and it lit a fire under my 43 year old ass in every other way as well. A curious phenomenon then took hold - women, who I had always managed to keep at arm's length, were definitely shining their lights my way. I'd always stayed out of sight, working, building on my houses and boats, fishing, and hanging with my hounds. And I had no intention to change a thing. But I had one weakness - a lovely 5'2" petite blonde from my neighborhood, who I never thought I'd get within a mile of. But we had a mutual friend, who happened to be a scheming little matchmaker, and I was then hooked, boated, and put in the cooler. Best thing that ever happened to me, and I have no regrets whatsoever. The kicker is that as soon as I was with her, other hot girls made it crystal clear that they were interested, but I'm a one woman kind of guy. I think the WTC attack made the ladies warm up to us ex-military / tradesman / sportsman types, because when things go wrong, we take care of business.

Midder Peenud Hayed
09-13-2020, 09:55 AM
I was fishing in my 36' Wayne Beal downeaster that morning, off Far Rockaway, NY, about 15 miles SE of the towers...

Wow! What a unique perspective.

Thanks for the post!

Keep Britain White
09-27-2020, 09:11 AM
I hadn't looked at this thread for quite some time, and have missed a lot! Thank you for all your heart-wrenching accounts. They make me feel very humble.

Should I ever be unfortunate enough to find myself in that kind of situation, I can only hope that I would behave as courageously.

LaraLoganisaSaint
02-17-2023, 09:41 PM
Well, considering the state of Europe, you're in the middle of your own 9/11.
How's Britain handling it?

Nigroids
03-27-2024, 03:16 PM
I've wanted to post in this thread since long before I joined, so it's time. On that day, a good friend phoned to tell me what was happening. I told him no, there's NO way a building like that could be brought down, because like so many, I was imagining a light aircraft of some kind, but he was an engineer and knew what was what. My wife and I tuned in and watched, silently and stunned. Even Canadians like me should never forget, I sure won't. Not long after, I made a video of multiple rockets striking the Kaaba, using an iPhone app my son had. Wish I still had that, but I did share it with my cousin in Washington State, ex-military and a good guy.

It took me until last year to watch any more footage. Just couldn't bear the idea. I went though a fair number of Youtube videos and let myself get as sad and outraged as I wanted to, and it really brought home just how hateful and destructive Islam is. None of that crap about "moderate Islam" has worked with me anyway; someone said it best in a post here at CO: a moderate Muslim is the one who holds you down while the radical Muslim beheads you.

This is tangential but relevant I think: the October 7 mass murders and the reaction to them reminded me of 9/11 in one way - both events caused Palestinians to dance in the streets with joy. Fight the encroachment of Islam wherever you can, and don't despair! You are all my brothers and sisters.

IseDaDiva
03-27-2024, 06:43 PM
I've wanted to post in this thread since long before I joined, so it's time. On that day, a good friend phoned to tell me what was happening. I told him no, there's NO way a building like that could be brought down, because like so many, I was imagining a light aircraft of some kind, but he was an engineer and knew what was what. My wife and I tuned in and watched, silently and stunned. Even Canadians like me should never forget, I sure won't. Not long after, I made a video of multiple rockets striking the Kaaba, using an iPhone app my son had. Wish I still had that, but I did share it with my cousin in Washington State, ex-military and a good guy.

It took me until last year to watch any more footage. Just couldn't bear the idea. I went though a fair number of Youtube videos and let myself get as sad and outraged as I wanted to, and it really brought home just how hateful and destructive Islam is. None of that crap about "moderate Islam" has worked with me anyway; someone said it best in a post here at CO: a moderate Muslim is the one who holds you down while the radical Muslim beheads you.

This is tangential but relevant I think: the October 7 mass murders and the reaction to them reminded me of 9/11 in one way - both events caused Palestinians to dance in the streets with joy. Fight the encroachment of Islam wherever you can, and don't despair! You are all my brothers and sisters.

Funny you mention that. I was thinking about that earlier. I'm about 7 hrs by car away from NYC and I remember that day so clearly. I was off work, got up late, and heard excited-sounding voices on the radio. I ignored it, not really wanting to know what new horror had occurred.

But the voices didn't stop, so after a couple of hours, I figured I better find out what was going on. I turned on the TV just in time to see the first plane hit the tower. I don't know how long I stood there, with my jaw hanging open in shock. I went inside and called my husband at work. He couldn't talk because the stock market was going nuts. I started calling friends and they were all, "Oh, my god!" and all of us so distressed and wondering what was going to happen next.

I wandered outside and just stood there in my driveway. It was a perfect September day - clear blue sky, warm breeze, birds singing, and flowers still blooming. The street was silent and deserted, everything so peaceful and quiet. So, yeah, it affected all of us a lot. I'll never forget seeing those innocent victims.

The most amazing thing to me was our countries continued to allow Muzzies from terrorist countries to flow in unfettered. Even then the Libtards insisted that no one should be biased towards peace-loving Muzzies and not to blame them all. We've all lost the instinct for self-preservation.