PDA

View Full Version : $1.50 wager on Call of Duty ends with dead body and NBU scholarship

DJ Stoopnig
08-14-2019, 10:34 PM
https://www.pcmag.com/news/367518/man-behind-call-of-duty-swatting-prank-gets-20-years-in-ja?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_4376620

26-year-old Tyler Barriss was sentenced on Friday for making the hoax call to police that led to the accidental shooting death of Kansas resident Andrew Fitch back in Dec. 2017.

The incident is believed to be first time someone has been killed in a "swatting" prank, which involves tricking police into sending a SWAT team to a victim's house. For years, gamers and hackers have used the notorious tactic as a way to harass their enemies. But federal officials want today's sentencing to send a message that swatting will not be tolerated.

TheOrganGrinder
08-14-2019, 11:17 PM
THIS is why I removed all traces of my true name, etc. from the internet, and shut down my Farcebook and other accounts. Now they want "red flag" laws, to further aid in innocent people being violated or killed for speaking truth and butt hurting a lefty.