PDA

View Full Version : Batwings for Toni Morrison

Sandy
08-06-2019, 12:04 PM
Blah blah blah. I'm lucky that even in my most liberal classes, I never had to read any of its niggerbabble. (It was bad enough having to "interpret" Ralph Ellison and Langston Hughes, those were disgusting to read.)

My Google-fu doesn't pull up anything up, but I know I've read before it was caught plagiarizing something. That's why I'm sure it was, and it's just been scrubbed clean.

Few authors rose in such rapid, spectacular style. She was nearly 40 when her first novel, "The Bluest Eye," was published. By her early 60s, after just six novels, she had become the first black woman to receive the Nobel literature prize, praised in 1993 by the Swedish academy for her "visionary force" and for her delving into "language itself, a language she wants to liberate" from categories of black and white. In 2012, Barack Obama awarded her a Presidential Medal of Freedom.

"Her writing was not just beautiful but meaningful — a challenge to our conscience and a call to greater empathy," Obama wrote Tuesday on his Facebook page. "She was as good a storyteller, as captivating, in person as she was on the page."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nobel-laureate-toni-morrison-dead-134101517.html

SC Anemia
08-06-2019, 12:08 PM
I vaguely recall the name and I'd consider myself very well read. This boon was a Nobel literature ?

Rastus Nigger
08-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Good riddance, nigger. Too bad it took so long.

Ignatow
08-07-2019, 12:09 AM
I never pay attention to any nigger "intellectual, author, poet, scientist, lawyer, doctor, accountant, astronaut, etc. etc.". These are all magic niggers, and I know that what they produce is only recognized because they're shit skinned. Noble laureate. Sheeeit.

NotThatGuy
08-07-2019, 12:21 AM
Up until this thread, I thought Toni Morrison was a YT...

Tar Remover
08-11-2019, 08:26 AM
:unigger:nfl