PDA

View Full Version : Uni of Mississippi Frat Bros visit riverside Emmett Till 'Memorial'

Whitey Ford
07-26-2019, 12:02 PM
For legal reasons, I can not and do not condone this. On a personal level that doesn't mean that I don't find it amusing.
Ole Miss students face possible civil rights investigation after posing with guns at vandalized Emmett Till memorial

A memorial has civil rights, huh?
https://i.imgur.com/ytGmskP.jpg

Ole Miss spokesman Rod Guajardo said the image was reported in March to the university’s Bias Incident Response Team, which takes reports of incidents where students, faculty or staff are targeted because of their race or other characteristics.

Guajardo said university police asked the FBI to investigate, but says the FBI declined to open an inquiry because the photo “did not pose a specific threat.” Brett Carr, a spokesman for the FBI’s Jackson office, declined to comment Thursday.

The FBI do something right for a change.

While calling the image “offensive and hurtful,” Guajardo said the university hasn’t disciplined the students because the off-campus picture wasn’t part of a university event.

The Ole Miss chapter of the Kappa Alpha Order suspended the three men after learning of the photo Tuesday, according to Jesse Lyons, assistant executive director of the Kappa Alpha Order’s national office in Lexington, Va.

The fraternity has long been associated with Old South and Confederate imagery. Although much of that imagery has been suppressed in recent years, the group still claims Confederate General Robert E. Lee as its spiritual founder.

It’s unclear whether the students fired at the sign or when the picture was taken. It shows two students standing with guns and a third unarmed student kneeling in tall grass at night, lit by what appear to be the headlights of a vehicle. It’s unclear who took the photograph, and it is not the first time the sign has been defaced with bullet holes.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-emmett-till-sign-ole-miss-20190726-df3kplfhibg65ke4zo5u77su4q-story.html

Godspeed, Frat Bros!

Whitey Ford
07-26-2019, 12:07 PM
If you read the previous story, you'd find that 'civil rights' dindu memorials are sacrosanct and Holy. Now we find that Old Southern Civil War Memorials are not.

A Confederate statue graveyard could help bury the Old South

An estimated 114 Confederate symbols have been removed from public view since 2015. In many cases, these cast-iron Robert E. Lees and Jefferson Davises were sent to storage.

If the aim of statue removal is to build a more racially just South, then, as many analysts have pointed out, putting these monuments in storage is a lost opportunity. Simply unseating Confederate statues from highly visible public spaces is just the first step in a much longer process of understanding, grieving and mending the wounds of America’s violent past. Merely hiding away the monuments does not necessarily change the structural racism that birthed them.

https://i.imgur.com/o5WQl0A.jpg

By the early 1900s, hundreds of Confederate statues dotted courthouse lawns and town squares across the South. This prominent, centrally located setting on government property sent an intentionally different message: that local officials endorsed the prevailing white social order.

So what should we do with rejected Confederate monuments? We have a modest proposal: a Confederate statue graveyard.

https://theconversation.com/a-confederate-statue-graveyard-could-help-bury-the-old-south-118034

Whitey Ford
07-26-2019, 04:15 PM
Emmett Till Memorial to Be Replaced With Bulletproof Sign After Gun Photo

A bulletproof sign? And just how much is this going to set back the taxpayer?

A vandalized Mississippi memorial to civil-rights activist Emmett Till will be replaced by a new bulletproof sign, the Emmett Till Memorial Commission said on Friday. The move comes one day after it was announced that three University of Mississippi students had been suspended from their fraternity for posing with guns in front of the bullet-riddled sign, which marks where murdered 14-year-old Till’s body was found in 1955. One of the students posted the photo to his private Instagram account in March

“The manufacturers said that this is a bulletproof sign. We’ll test that theory.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/emmett-till-memorial-to-be-replaced-with-bulletproof-sign-after-ole-miss-photo

https://i.imgur.com/7zzYx1e.jpg

Cracka Jack
07-26-2019, 04:31 PM
I want to be a fly on the wall when the niggers babble among deyselves about how to make a bulletproof sign. :lol

Of course we know the ultimate answer... YO YT!! WE DEMANDS A BULLET PROOF SIGN!! :gibs

Ignatow
07-26-2019, 05:39 PM
Emmett Till hit on an older white woman. He was too brazen then. He was arrogant and thought he could get away with his antics. Wrong, boy!
As for the memorial, why do we need this?

SC Anemia
07-27-2019, 09:03 AM
That House Boy Lester Holt did a piece on this last night. I knew it (the sign) had been replaced before but not 3 times already. :lol

“Unlike the first three signs, this sign calls attention to the vandalism itself,” the Emmett Till Memorial Commission said, according to The Huffington Post. “We believe it is important to keep a sign at this historic site, but we don’t want to hide the legacy of racism by constantly replacing broken signs.”

They should have just installed quick disconnect posts the first time around.

Tar Remover
07-28-2019, 09:52 AM
They can bullet proof it all they want. It won't be spray paint proof. Or plasma cutter proof....

Whitey Ford
07-28-2019, 04:20 PM
New Emmett Till memorial will be BULLETPROOF and surrounded by security cameras after previous signs honoring the murdered black child were shot at, defaced with acid and thrown into rivers

Cameras, too! They really want to remember ol' cauliflower head, don't they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvHhHeWsRcs&feature=youtu.be
Diss be not photoshop! Diss heaaayah be a 9mm.

On Thursday, the Emmett Till Commission revealed plans were in place to develop a tribute space featuring a security gate, surveillance cameras and a bulletproof sign.

The Commission has reportedly secured land for the new memorial at Graball Landing in Money, Mississippi, where Till's body was dumped after he was tortured and lynched by two white men in 1955.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7293379/New-Emmett-Till-memorial-BULLETPROOF-surrounded-security-cameras.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

Cracka Jack
07-28-2019, 04:35 PM
I can see some Good Ole' Boys getting their hands on AP ammo to meet the challenge! :lol

I'd gladly build the next sign. And fill it with Tannerite. :lol

Rape Ape
07-28-2019, 06:38 PM
I'd say it's a really bad idea to put your real picture out there at such a young age. Too many SJWs out there that will do everything they can to make these boys unemployable. Not that I give a shit about that damn spook. It's a GOOD spook now. The next time they need to replace the sign, here's my suggestion:

Bottle_of_Hate
07-28-2019, 08:11 PM
Bulletproof you say? Challenge accepted. It may be bulletproof but I bet it isn't impervious to a roller and a gallon of paint. In fact, screw the roller. I'll make one of those angry angst artist paintings by just tossing a few half used cans of paint at it.

TheOrganGrinder
07-28-2019, 11:03 PM
I'm surprised some niggers haven't already stole it and sold it for scrap!

They're gonna bullet proof it by hanging a life preserver on it!

Bottle_of_Hate
07-28-2019, 11:37 PM

Lol.

Tar Remover
07-28-2019, 11:51 PM

They're gonna bullet proof it by hanging a life preserver on it!:rofl

SC Anemia
07-29-2019, 12:03 AM

As if there was any question about it, Jesus H. would you look at the profile on that simian. :lol