PDA

View Full Version : Canadian clinical psychologist: "It is not clear to me that Islam would be compatible with democracy,"

Whitey Ford
06-03-2019, 05:15 PM
Jordan Peterson: No Evidence Islam Would Be Compatible With Democracy (https://sputniknews.com/world/201906031075570178-jordan-peterson-islam-democracy/)

"It is not clear to me that Islam would be compatible with democracy," he said in an interview with Hungarian newspaper Magyar Nemzet. "We have no evidence that it would be."

He said he'd failed to observe a "positive example of a successful, independent Muslim democracy", also invoking Muslim countries' generally weak record on freedom and corruption in international rankings.

"So there is a fundamental problem that is unfortunately not allowed to be discussed," Jordan Peterson was quoted as saying.

The University of Toronto professor confirmed in one of many Q&As last year that he does "not understand" Islam and doesn't know enough about it to grasp the similarities and differences between Islam and Christianity, for example.

While conceding this, Peterson went on to say that secularisation could be the issue where Muslim and Western societies don't see eye to eye with each other, since there is "no distinction" between church and state in Islam, which persists in the West. "I cannot understand how [the Muslim] faith is commensurate with the institutions of the West," he added.

MineEvolved
06-03-2019, 11:08 PM
"So there is a fundamental problem that is unfortunately not allowed to be discussed," Jordan Peterson was quoted as saying.

See, to me, this is at the root of the problem. Seeking permission from anyone to discuss serious problems.

Bottle_of_Hate
06-03-2019, 11:33 PM
See, to me, this is at the root of the problem. Seeking permission from anyone to discuss serious problems.

This is why liberals love it so much. The ideology is similar in terms of not being able to challenge it no matter how sound your logic is or how much proof you have against it.

Tar Remover
06-04-2019, 12:16 AM
That's because it isn't. Good eye, Doc. :lol But it IS compatible with- buttfucking your male buddy, murdering your ugly, greasy bitch for offending you, teaching your kids to be suicide bombers, murdering everyone who points out that your "religion" is fake and mohammed is a goat fucking pedophile, you claiming property that isn't yours, lying through your cock sucking teeth, praying daily to a fake god for your Maadi to crawl out of that toilet at the Dome of the Cock in Jerusalem...… Hoppin' crap, I could go on forever here but I don't have time....