PDA

View Full Version : Facebook bans Louie Farrakhan for being too "far right"

Whitey Ford
05-02-2019, 07:59 PM
Ol' conservative, far right Farrakhan. Zuckerberg needs to stop smoking crack. ha ha ha LOL
Facebook bans extremist leaders including Louis Farrakhan, Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos for being ‘dangerous’ (https://archive.fo/StBGj#selection-1303.0-1303.110)

The bans are a sign that the social network is more aggressively enforcing its hate speech policies under pressure from civil rights groups.

Wait, wait. WaPo prints a retraction.

Correction: Louis Farrakhan is an extremist leader who has espoused anti-Semitic views. An earlier version of this story and headline incorrectly included him in a list of far-right leaders.

Ohhhhh, extremist. Not 'far-right.' OK

Facebook said on Thursday it has permanently banned several far-right and anti-Semitic figures and organizations, including Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, Infowars host Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos and Laura Loomer, for being “dangerous,” a sign that the social network is more aggressively enforcing its hate speech policies under pressure from civil rights groups.

Jones, for example, recently hosted Gavin McInnes, the leader of the Proud Boys whom Facebook designated as a hate figure in December. Yiannopoulos, another alt-right social media star, publicly praised McInnes this year, and Loomer appeared with him at a rally. Jones and Yiannopoulos have been temporarily banned before by Facebook and other social media platforms including Twitter.

Facebook is a smoking pile of shit. I long for the next social media platform much like Facebook put Myspace out of business.

SC Anemia
05-02-2019, 09:19 PM
Though I know the horse is already out of the barn, I believe and always will believe that we'd all be much better off if social media didn't exist at all.

Forums are great (obviously) but giant monsters like Facebook and Twitter do nothing but contribute to the decline of civility in this country.

I drove past a local high school recently right at the end of the school day. At the bus stop out front were easily 20-25 kids and NOBODY was talking. EVERY. LAST. ONE. had their faces buried in their phones. Its fuckin pathetic and does nothing but dumb-down the sheeple who are seemingly addicted to that crap.