PDA

View Full Version : Child brides of Wakanda sold through Facebook

Mushmouth
04-05-2019, 06:24 AM
“Once he married me, he turned me into his slave and punching bag,” said Monica, who—just like her sister—was given away to her husband for 20,000 Nigerian naira (about $50), along with two goats, a pig and some yams. “He said he paid so much to marry me and so I had to labor hard by working for hours everyday in the farm to prove that I'm a grateful wife.”

Facebook is hugely popular in Nigeria with about a fifth of the country's 98 million internet users connected to the site. But in rural areas like the Becheve community, where literacy levels are not so high among the elderly, the social media platform is mostly common among young people, who are the greatest owners of smart phones. Activists say youths in the clan are actually the brain behind men searching for money wives on Facebook.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/child-brides-in-africa-are-advertised-on-facebook-and-sold-to-old-men

SC Anemia
04-05-2019, 10:49 AM
...was given away to her husband for 20,000 Nigerian naira (about $50), along with two goats, a pig and some yams.

Yes, there were yams, let's not forget about the yams.

:rofl

Sheboon DeLuxe
04-05-2019, 10:55 AM
Nig-eria...no food, no money, no medicine to speak of, no houses, no dependable utilities, no decent schools, no working government...but they all have smartfoams. What do you bet YT in the USA is the one paying for them, somewhere down the line?

Odin's balls
04-09-2019, 02:25 PM
Yes, there were yams, let's not forget about the yams.

:rofl

The yams were obviously the deal maker.

Do you think we could get all of the niggers to resettle in some African shithole for $50, a couple of goats, a pig, some yams and the promise of endless muh-dik / muh-poosie until AIDS do you part?

Seems cheap at the price.