PDA

View Full Version : Why I Ain't Got No Picture?

SC Anemia
02-16-2019, 05:06 PM
For those who don't know, I'm the resident manager of a sober living house.

Today, the one nigger we have, Toby (an old silverback) was all excited and shit because he came up with a TV. Not a flat screen, hi-def or anything like that but an old 90's CRT 25" boat anchor. He was really excited about it.
I knew something was up because I heard talk about his "new" TV for days now.

Most of the guys here have their own flat screens in their rooms and either connected through a Firestick or smart TV's connected to the house Wi-Fi and streaming some service or another.

Toby came to me an hour ago with "why I ain't got no picture?". So I go into his room to have a look. I figure he's got something connected wrong. Nope, he doesn't have anything connected at all.
Right hand to God, he thought all he needed to do was plug it in and channel surf. No Firestick, no antenna, nothing. I knew Toby was dumb as a turnip but damn! I had to explain to him that just having a TV wasn't enough and still I'm not sure he understands.

Christ Almighty, I knew niggers were dim but he proves it to me every day.

:sheeit

Boy
02-16-2019, 05:15 PM
You should have told Toby that he needed to test the outlet to make sure it was getting a proper signal.... this only requires a paper clip, then inserted in to the socket for proper testing :lol

Cracka Jack
02-16-2019, 06:16 PM
Hope the old nigger spent every penny it had on it. :lol

jenkemfactory
02-16-2019, 07:19 PM
what was he watching all this time?

Chimpwhipper
02-16-2019, 07:59 PM

Amos and Andy

Cracka Jack
02-16-2019, 08:31 PM
Get a VCR and tapes of Roots. Hook it up and tell Toby that's the only thing it gets.. :lmao

Boy
02-16-2019, 08:46 PM
Get a VCR and tapes of Roots. Hook it up and tell Toby that's the only thing it gets.. :lmao

With the whipping Toby scene looped :lol

Rape Ape
02-16-2019, 09:29 PM

And for only $25/mo more, he can get one more channel, with a continuous loop of the Amistad Chained Nigger Long Line Rock Fishing scene. :lol

Ignatow
02-16-2019, 10:19 PM

:rofl
Aye, that's a good nigger!

SC Anemia
02-16-2019, 10:33 PM

There's a giant TV in the living room that's hooked to basic cable but most of the guys stream Netflix/Prime Video in their rooms with their own subscriptions.

The TV in the living room is some donated POS throw back from the 80's. One of those enormous projection TV's. The main lamp is going out and what was already a pretty shitty picture is now really dark. The living room shades need to be drawn just to see it.

Toby is usually the only one watching the tube in the living room because he's too broke dik to cough-up for a Firestick or game console. And (big surprise) he doesn't work. All the other guys but one loser have jobs and are gone all day anyway.

SC Anemia
02-16-2019, 10:39 PM
And for only $25/mo more, he can get one more channel, with a continuous loop of the Amistad Chained Nigger Long Line Rock Fishing scene. :lol

That's my favorite part. :lol

Sandy
02-17-2019, 03:45 PM
The funny part is that such an old TV probably doesn't have a digital tuner. It'll have to get an adapter, but before then, try to convince it that it needs a $100 antenna to get the best reception.

Midder Peenud Hayed
02-17-2019, 09:42 PM
The funny part is that such an old TV probably doesn't have a digital tuner. It'll have to get an adapter, but before then, try to convince it that it needs a $100 antenna to get the best reception.

You beat me to it. I'm going to assume this CRT TV does not have the ability to decode a digital signal. I've only had one CRT in my life -- it was given to me by a friend right after I got my first shitbox apartment post-college. It worked for 2 or 3 years, then died. I didn't have a TV for awhile. I don't even remember what it could and could not do.

I think I got my first flatty in 2003 or so.