PDA

View Full Version : No wonder all my GE shit has failed in the last decade!

Cat fur allergic
06-29-2018, 09:13 PM
I had over a dozen washers and driers and ranges and fridges etc.. failed in the last decade :(. I stop buying GE btw after that. Oh all of them said made in Mexico lol.

GE has proudly promoted innovation and growth in Africa for over 100 years. We are proud to join @TradeGov, @StateDept, @USTDA and others in Africa this week as part of #PACDBIA to continue building these relationships.

https://twitter.com/generalelectric/status/1012357614758326272

What did they help innovated jenkum?

Cat fur allergic
06-29-2018, 09:53 PM
Funny story my Chinese student fridge out lasted all my GE fridges lol(almost 20 years old). I use it now days a backup for my tenants, when their normal fridge dies. I go get a new one. Still works, I replace all of my GE with Frigidaire shit LOL. Same shit happen. All die within 2 to 3 years of purchase :(. Now days I'll buy any brand as long as they about right style for the places.

MineEvolved
06-29-2018, 11:05 PM
If any of you had ANY idea how many employees from Red China were enabled to regularly pilfer data from GE servers, you'd never buy so much as a light bulb from them again. Their data security policies were a fucking joke when I left there in 2014.

SC Anemia
06-30-2018, 09:40 AM
My brother has my grandparents old fridge is his garage, still keeping the beer cold. Looks just like this one. The kind that latches when it's closed. I'm sure grandma got it new, probably back in the early 40's.

Sheboon DeLuxe
06-30-2018, 09:49 AM
SCA, you beat me to it. My granddaddy's Philco, looking a lot like that one, only clean, with bitchin' cool raised chrome letters on the door, ran for over 40 years without a breakdown or recharge. The freezer was only about one cubic foot, but that thing ran forever. Made in the U.S. of A!

Cat fur allergic
06-30-2018, 10:21 AM
All companies now make junk because they want people to replace all their shit within years of purchase. My biggest pet peeve is dish washers, dryers and washing machines now all come with computers. They are horrible. Replacing those parts cost almost quarter cost of a new machine!!!

Boy
06-30-2018, 01:49 PM
Got his sitting in my basement (Kelvinator) and still working like a charm. I think it's from the early 50's

Odin's balls
07-02-2018, 08:53 AM
Miele kit comes with either a 5 or 10 year guarantee.

Pricey, but they knock on forever.

Do not buy SMEG. they are shit.