PDA

View Full Version : Cliven Bundy Armed Standoff Ends in Mistrial

CoonTownYT
12-22-2017, 04:35 PM
You'll see why I'm putting this here once you read the article. BLM flagrantly disregarded the rights of Bundy and company, even publicly mocking them, after the armed standoff occurred over a dispute regarding federal land.

In my opinion, this is not just a win for civil rights (the right kind) but a win for the 2nd Ammendment. If these men hadn't stood up against the BLM - armed, but never firing a shot - I'm convinced they'd all be in jail right now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/20/us/cliven-bundy-mistrial.amp.html

A federal judge declared a mistrial on Wednesday in the case of Nevada cattle ranchers and one of their supporters, whose dispute with the government over grazing rights turned into an armed standoff in 2014. The judge stated that prosecutors had improperly withheld evidence from the defense.

The ruling in Federal District Court in Las Vegas by Judge Gloria M. Navarro was the latest failure by federal prosecutors to convict participants in the standoff led by Cliven D. Bundy and his sons Ammon E. Bundy and Ryan C. Bundy. Two earlier trials against other defendants ended in hung juries.

The judge ruled that prosecutors violated the rights of the defendants — the three Bundys and a supporter, Ryan W. Payne — by failing to turn over an array of material ahead of the trial. That included video taken from within the Bundy ranch during the standoff by a federal informant, evidence that F.B.I. agents were involved in the standoff, and a threat assessment of the Bundys drafted by the government. She ruled verbally, and not in writing.

“There were approximately 3,000 pages that were provided to us only after we started trial,” said Bret D. Whipple, a lawyer for Cliven Bundy. “I personally have never seen anything like this, especially in a case of such importance.”

justin igger
12-25-2017, 07:15 PM
Also a Bundy supporter was murdered by the government during the standoff. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2016/01/30/tds-cliven-bundy-it-was-murder/#.WkGGWt-nGM8

MineEvolved
12-26-2017, 01:47 AM
Two earlier trials against other defendants ended in hung juries.

JFC...three trials? How many bites at the apple does the government get?

Sandy
01-04-2018, 07:21 PM
JFC...three trials? How many bites at the apple does the government get?

The Holder/Lynch DOJ? As many times as they want to get a conservative YT.