PDA

View Full Version : Palm Springs Golf Course Scheduled for Destruction

Unregistered
12-20-2017, 07:23 AM
Long ago, these trees were planted for racist reasons, neighbors say. Now they want them gone

IN PALM SPRINGS, A ROW OF TAMARISK TREES SEPARATES THE CROSSLEY TRACT, A HISTORICALLY BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD, FROM A CITY GOLF COURSE.

Along the 14th fairway of Palm Springs' Tahquitz Creek Golf Course stands a long row of tamarisk trees, a 50-foot-tall wall of dense foliage seen nowhere else on the course. This species of tree, which guzzles water and leaves large deposits of salt, is so invasive that the U.S. Department of Agriculture has categorized it as a pest.
But residents living for decades on the other side of this thicket, in the Lawrence Crossley neighborhood, see the tamarisks as something far worse than a horticultural nuisance. They see the trees as an enduring symbol of racism and inequality – and they want them removed by the city of Palm Springs, which owns the golf course.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/local/palm-springs/2017/09/28/palm-springs-african-americans-think-trees-help-segregate/574894001/

Update:

At an informal meeting with neighborhood residents Sunday, Mayor Robert Moon, council member J.R. Roberts and other city officials promised residents they would remove the trees and a chain link fence along the Crossley Tract property lines as soon as possible.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/local/palm-springs/2017/12/18/palm-springs-remove-trees-blocking-historically-black-area-city-golf-course/961478001/

----

The only reason for low property values in the "Historically Black Neighborhood" that the virtue-signalers at the Desert Sun paper can imagine is some trees and a fence. I think there may be another reason...

Anyway, I propose to monitor the fate of this golf course following the removal of the barrier. And, to track property values in the area. One could reasonably predict no increase in property values in the Historically Black Neighborhood, and declning property values elsewhere around the golf course. Not to mention crime and theft on the course, but that might not get reported. But, property values don't lie.

Related. The principle of Chesterton's Fence: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Chesterton's_fence

UpYoursNigger
12-20-2017, 06:15 PM
Niggers will now have a clear shot to chuck their empty forteez over onto the golf course. Worthless apes

Lynch Tree
12-21-2017, 06:14 PM
While properties around the city have accrued value, adding to the wealth of their owners and their families, the residents in the shadow of these trees – which obstruct their view of the San Jacinto Mountain Range and the golf course – say they have not seen the same increase in property values. Data shows they could be right.

Rising property values are good way to get rid of niggers since almost all of them rent. I say go ahead!

Tar Remover
12-22-2017, 12:08 AM
Trees be rayciss an sheet! If I had niggers living next door to me............. nope. Not possible, nevermind........

AFN_Weasel
12-22-2017, 04:21 AM
Rising property values are good way to get rid of niggers since almost all of them rent. I say go ahead!

Yes, push the niggers back into the ghetto where they belong. Whoever heard of niggers living near a golf course? A concrete basketball court with discarded needles and broken glass would be more suitable to their low-class habits.

MineEvolved
12-26-2017, 02:51 PM
Gotta play it as it lies...

Whitewheat
12-26-2017, 05:08 PM
Maybe some of the youth could get jobs as driving range golf ball catchers or stand out in the middle of the range for a lively game of "Nail a nigger!" Why does this city have to shoulder the expense of removing the tress, installing a 6' fence and netting too?